Long Range events are held at Camp Pendleton MCB Range 117A, which is also known to the base personnel as the sniper training range.
NOTE: There is no general parking at Range 117A. All match attendees should park at Range 116 unless otherwise instructed.
The range is right next to the Naval Special Warfare Range 116 and the entrance to the range off the main road is easily found by locating the tower.
A Google Map has been created and saved for reference.
Directions to Range 117A from the Main Gate:
- Enter the main gate. Stay on Vandergrift Blvd.
- After driving 7 miles on Vandergrift Blvd and shortly after the airfield on your left, you will reach a stop light for Basilone Road.
- Make a left onto Basilone Road.
- After driving 4 miles on Basilone Road, you will see a tall tower close to the main road on your left. This marks the entry for Range 117A. Turn left here.
Directions to Range 117A from I-5 / Las Pulgas Exit:
- On I-5, exit at Las Pulgas Rd.
- Travel on Las Pulgas Rd until you come to the enter section of Las Pulgas and Basilone Road.
- Turn right on Basilone Road and travel about 1.7 miles over the crest of the hill and Range 116A is on the right hand side. Range 117A is another 3/4 of a mile down the road on the right hand side. Turn right at the tall tower.
Directions to Range 117A from the San Luis Rey Gate:
- If on Highway 76 going West, make a right on College Road. If on the 76 going East, make a left on College Road.
- Turn Right on N. River / Vandergrift Blvd.
- Pass through San Luis Rey Gate and stay on Vandergrift Blvd.
- After 2.5 miles, turn left on to 16th Street / Rattlesnake Canyon Road (look for Fire House on the corner to your left).
- After 1 mile, turn left on to Vandergrift Blvd.
- After 1 mile, turn right on to Basilone Road.
- After 4 miles, you will see a tall tower close to the main road on your left. This marks the entry for Range 117A. Turn left here.